Fishes of the Northern & Central California Coast
Know before you go!
These fish ID charts are not just for guys who are new to the sport.
Fish ID Charts are great for experienced spearos traveling to hunt in a different part of the country.
They will help you avoid taking illegal fish and also help in putting more fish on your stringer!!
FoldingGuides are laminated reference guides - indestructible, beachproof, and waterproof guides with instant access to what you need to know. Written and illustrated by local experts they are perfect for backpack, beach bag, glove compartment, or purse.
The Fishes of Northern & Central California Coast Folding Guide includes:
- 59 species– both common and exotic–found inshore, nearshore, and offshore waters off the coast of California from San Luis Obispo north to the Oregon border
- Includes sharks, rockfishes, scorpionfishes, and more
- Detailed illustrations, concise descriptions, size specs, and conservation status
- Illustrations by Val Kells, well known illustrator and marine fish expert, co-author of A Field Guide to Coastal Fishes from Alaska to California (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2016). Visit https://valkellsillustration.com for more information.
- Indestructible lamination water and beachproof
- Instant access to just what you need to know, including edibility and preferred bait for each species